a 2007 flick I watched on TV sometime this late spring, good, true, likeable characters, the main one is Juno MacGuff played by Ellen Page, a teenager in high school, who becomes pregnant, it’s a touching story in the right ways, in cool ways, & there’s some nifty dialogue, script written by Diablo Cody
Tag Archives: youth
Get Awesome Film Festival to be held Wednesday, June 3, 2009
featuring short films (as in under six minutes each)
7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. at Warehouse 21 in Santa Fe, New Mexico, U.S.A.
located on Paseo de Peralta in Santa Fe, New Mexico, U.S.A., this is a place of “a community of young artists, mentors, and volunteers”, it’s a really cool joint, I’ve been to some silk-screening classes & a concert there in the past, & it continues to be a spot I take an interest in, & would like to spend more time at, W21 features a variety of creative activities including open mic poetry nights, and media arts classes, https://sites.google.com/a/warehouse21.org/home/
an online community (geographically based in Canada) I joined a few months ago, dedicated to giving youth, or the upcoming generation perhaps rather, a place to voice their concerns globally, as well as become aware of several other ongoing issues in our world
“Inspire. Inform. Involve.” http://www.takingitglobal.org/
was born 170 years ago today, in Homer, Ohio, U.S.A.
- “I am a free lover. I have an inalienable, constitutional and natural right to love whom I may, to love as long or short a period as I can; to change that love every day if I please.”
- “I now announce myself as candidate for the Presidency. I anticipate criticism; but however unfavorable I trust that my sincerity will not be called into question.”
- “I shall not change my course because those who assume to be better than I desire it.”
- “If Congress refuse to listen to and grant what women ask, there is but one course left then to pursue. What is there left for women to do but to become the mothers of the future government?”
- “While others prayed for the good time coming, I worked for it.”
- “I retain not one ill-will recollection. I gave America my youth. It was sweet and gallant and fruitful.”
- “I endeavor to make the most of everything.”
it’s been 60 years since Henry Ford passed away..
- “You don’t build a reputation on what you’re going to do.”
- “You can’t learn in school what the world is going to do next year.”
- “Wealth, like happiness, is never attained when sought after directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service.”
- “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.“
- “Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.”
- “Capital punishment is as fundamentally wrong as a cure for crime as charity is wrong as a cure for poverty.”